Crispy Skin Glacier 51 Toothfish
With pearl couscous, peas and rocket. A dish with an elegant balance of flavour and texture.
- 4x 150g Glacier 51 toothfish
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)l
- 1 1/3 cups Pearl couscous
- 2 ½ cups Chicken broth
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- Juice from 1 large lemon (about ¼ cup)
- 2 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Shallots, finely sliced including both white and green parts
- 1 cup frozen Peas, thawed
- 2 cups Baby rocket
- Baby rocket
- Step 1In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Pour in the couscous and stirring frequently, cook until lightly toasted (about 2-3 minutes).
- Step 2Add the chicken stock, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer about 8 minutes – until the couscous is al dente.
- Step 3Stir in the peas and 1/2 the rocket and mix until well combined.
- Step 4In an oven proof saute (fry) pan, heat the EVOO until hot. Season the fillets with salt and pepper and add to the hot pan. Cooking them skin side down for approximately 5 minutes until the skin was nice and crispy. Then flip them over for 3-4 minutes.
- Step 5To serve add a mound of couscous, a few extra rocket leaves and top with a piece of fish. Add a few shallots, season with a little salt to finish.