Steamed Barramundi Belly Roll Copy
With gai lan, shiitake, ginger and scallop sauce. A delicate yet umami-heavy dish, utilising the strip belly.
- 4 Barramundi belly, strips (skin on)
- Pinch Salt and Pepper
- 4 Stalks of Gai Lan (Chinese broccoli (6cm strips)
- 150g Shiitake Mushroom (strips)
- 1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing Wine
- 20g Ginger strands
- For Sauce
- 200ml Fish Stock
- 150ml Scallop Sauce
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 - 1 tsp white Pepper
- Micro herbs
- Step 1Season belly with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Add gai lan and shiitake mushroom strips on fish belly. Roll fish belly skin side up and secure with toothpicks.
- Step 3Mix light soy sauce and Shaoxing wine, spoon mixture over fish belly.
- Step 4Add ginger strands on top. Steam fish belly for 6-7 mins.
- Step 5Add scallop sauce, sugar and pepper to fish stock, bring to boil and reduce.
- Step 6To serve, pour sauce onto a deep plate, remove toothpicks and place fish roll on top of sauce, garnish with micro herbs.