Panfried Ora King Salmon
With savoury whipped cream, herbs and leaves. An exquisite flavour and texture complimented with savoury cream.
- 4 Ora King Salmon portions (150g)
- Murray river salt flakes
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter
Savoury whipped cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 tbsp Chives, finely chopped
- Tarragon leaves
- Edible flower petals
- Step 1Prepare the King salmon, skin on or off (we used skin off). Place on a cutting board or baking sheet. Season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Put the cream in a mixing bowl and beat with a whisk until just barely thickened. Add ¼ teaspoon salt, some freshly ground pepper, the mustard, the cayenne and the lemon zest. Beat again until soft peaks form, but don’t let the cream get too stiff, finally fold in the chives. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Step 3Put butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When butter begins to foam, add the King salmon portions and reduce heat slightly. Cook gently on one side for about 3 minutes, then flip and cook 1-2 minutes more. Turn off heat and let rest for 2 minutes. Salmon should be cooked through but moist. Be careful not to overcook.
- Step 4To serve, place a portion of King salmon in the centre of each plate, spoon some savory whipped cream over each serving. Garnish with tarragon, watercress, extra chives and flowers (if desired).