Ora King Salmon Poke
With soy, ginger and sesame. An irresistible healthy meal with contrasting textures and flavours.
- 400g Ora King Salmon, (100g per serve) skin off, diced into 2cm cubes
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce (good quality)
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove Garlic, finely grated
- 3 green Shallots, white parts thinly sliced
- Steamed rice or quinoa
- 1 Cucumber lebanese, thin peeled strips
- 3-4 Radishes, thinly sliced (mandolin)
- 1 Avocado (ripe but firm), halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups purple Cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 Carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
- Ice plant leaves (optional)
- Black sesame seeds
- Golden sesame seeds
- Step 1Make a batch of steamed rice or quinoa. Use microwave packet steamed rice for any easy option.
- Step 2Prepare the King salmon, skin off into cubes.
- Step 3Next, in a medium sized bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, and green onions. Stir well to combine. Add the King salmon and marinate for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Step 4With a vegetable peeler, peel thin long ribbons of cucumber. Then thinly slice (or mandolin) the radishes. Halve the avocado, and cut into thin slices. Finely shred the cabbage and lastly, peel carrots and cut into thin matchsticks.
- Step 5To serve, build the Poke bowls - add some rice or quinoa, then place each of the extra ingredients (be creative) and finally top with the King salmon and the sesame seeds. Add a little extra marinade to a small bowl for those that want extra.