Fried Barramundi Wings
With TFF Red Rub, hot sauce, slaw and ranch dressing. A cajun-inspired, fresh and crispy dish with big bold flavours.
- 8-12 Barramundi wings (2-3 per serve)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup of TFF Red Rub (available from the Fish Factory)
- 2 cups rice flour and extra as required
- Oil for deep frying (Canola or Sunflower)
- Murray River Salt Flakes
- Hot sauce
- Ranch dressing
- Lemon cheeks
- Step 1Combine fish wings and red rub in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Step 2Add eggs and mix to coat.
- Step 3Add rice flour and toss to coat. Gloves can be handy if you don’t like getting messy. You want the wings to be quite dry coated, not a wet batter, so if you need to add a little extra rice flour.
- Step 4While you’re coating the wings heat up your oil to 180°C.
- Step 5Once the oil is up to temp give the wings a little tap to get rid of any extra flour and drop them gently into the oil. 4 minutes each is about right for a medium sized fish wing.
- Step 6Once cooked remove from oil, drain in a basket or on absorbent paper.
- Step 7To serve, season with salt and serve drizzled with hot sauce and ranch dressing, and with a nice coleslaw on the side.