Bourbon Glazed Glacier 51 Toothfish
With lemon butter asparagus and red chillies. Melt in your mouth delightful, that’s sweet, spicy and totally divine.
- 4x 150g Glacier 51 toothfish fillets
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 2 bunches baby asparagus
- 2 tbsp butter
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Small red chilli, thinly sliced
- Bourbon glaze marinade
- 125ml (½ cup) bourbon
- 4 tbsp mirin
- 4 tbsp light brown brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Extra small red chilli, thinly sliced
- Micro coriander or lemon balm
- Step 1Place marinade ingredients into a jar or bowl and whisk for 30 seconds. Pour marinade into a resealable bag, then add the fish fillets.
- Step 2Carefully massage the fish until the fillets are completely covered in marinade. Remove air from bag then seal and place in fridge to marinate overnight (or a few hours if in a rush).
- Step 3Remove fillets from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Step 4Sprinkle the sugar and chillies on top of fillets then place on a baking paper lined ovenproof tray and then place in preheated oven at 200°C.
- Step 5Cook the fillets for 8-10 mins, then place under a grill until golden.
- Step 6Meanwhile prepare the asparagus, trim the woody ends rinse and set aside. In a medium skillet melt the butter and once beginning to bubble add the lemon zest, some salt and pepper then toss the asparagus until just cooked.
- Step 7To serve add some asparagus to each plate and top with a golden fillet of toothfish. Sprinkle with extra chilli and micro herbs to finish.