Sweet and Tangy BBQ Salmon
A quick and easy BBQ delight.
- 6 x 120g salmon portions, skin on
- 1 Tbs lemon zest
- 1 garlic glove, minced
- 5 Tbs soy sauce
- 4 Tbs dark brown soft sugar
- 5 Tbs water
- 4 Tbs vegetable oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh chives and lemon slices, for garnish
- Step 1In a small bowl, stir together lemon zest, garlic, pepper, soy sauce, sugar, water and vegetable oil until sugar dissolves.
- Step 2Place salmon portions in a bowl with the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Step 3Heat barbeque to medium and lightly oil.
- Step 4Cook salmon on the barbecue for 5 to 6 minutes per side, basting with the marinade as the salmon cooks. Cooking times may vary with the thickness of the salmon portions.
- Step 5Garnish with chopped chives and lemon slices. Serve with your favourite salad and sides.