Sauteed Tiger Prawns
With garlic, chilli, lemongrass and Basmati rice. A simple flavour packed dish with garlic, chilli and fragrant lemongrass.
- 16-24 Tiger prawns, raw
- 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Red chillies, deseed and finely chopped
- 1 Stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2.5cm Ginger piece, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Salt flakes
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tbsp Chilli flakes (optional)
- 450g packet Sunrice basmati microwave steamed rice
- 500g Broad beans (frozen), blanched and shelled
- 1 Red capsicum, small and finely chopped
- 1 Red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Lime wedges
- Step 1Prepare the prawns, remove heads and peel but leave the tail section on. Devein, rinse and let it sit on paper towel.
- Step 2In a large bowl combine all the aromatics, garlic, chillies, lemongrass, ginger, salt, pepper, lime juice and the EVOO, then add the prawns and toss them to coat all thoroughly. Cover and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours (or until your rice is ready).
- Step 3Cook the rice as per the packet instructions, then in a large pan heat 1 tbsp EVOO over medium heat and add the onion and capsicum, sautee for 2-3 minutes until the onion softens.
- Step 4Add the rice and stir it through. turn the heat up and toss the rice a few times to fry it lightly. Remove from heat and add the blanched broad beans and a squeeze of lime juice just before serving.
- Step 5In a large wok, add a little EVOO on high heat, add the marinated prawns and toss, stir to cook all evenly, once they look opaque and lightly coloured remove from the heat and serve.
- Step 6Place a good mound of the rice onto each plate, top with 4-6 prawns, season with salt flakes, drizzle with lime EVOO and garnish with a few lime wedges. Enjoy!