Fish Factory BBQ Ocean Trout
One of our own favourites, great for an Easter BBQ.
- lemon rind off 1 lemons
- 3 garlic cloves cut into two
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 500g chopped prawn meat
- 200g roe off hervey bay scallop chopped in half
- salt & cracked black pepper
- 2 table spoons chopped dill
- juice off 2 lemons
- 3 table spoons of olive oil
- 1 whole ocean trout approx 2-2.5kg (scaled and gutted)
- Step 1Pre heat bbq to 180 degrees.
- Step 2Using olive oil, grease the inside of an alfoil sheet enough to store fish and seal around like a boat. Mix in a bowl lemon rind and juice, salt/pepper, prawn meat, scallop and herbs (leave enough herbs behind to garnish fish after its cooked).
- Step 3Spread this mix inside cavity of fish and place garlic clove halves in equal distance throughout the cavity of the fish.
- Step 4Place fish in foil and ensure no juices can seep through.
- Step 5Bake in bbq, lid down for approx 45mins (20min per kg).
- Step 6Remove fish from bbq ensuring fish is slightly underdone. Place on serving plate and garnish with remaining herbs. Serve with stuffing mix.